A little guide to help you in master, graduate or doctorate thesis project is discussed below. It is to help and support you so that a clarity of mind leads to an efficient result. The dissertation is an academic task assigned by the colleges or universities. It has to cover the practical work over a research topic chosen by students or professors.
Topic is to be selected
There are students who are clear in which area they want to work, and few are confused. For the students who have difficulty in deciding, here are few ways:
- Discuss with fellow mates about what they are doing and what you want to do. Their questions or arguments can refine your focus point.
- Read related to your topic, find books in the library or search online but gather enough information to work upon.
- Go through few dissertations of alumni and learn from their writings.
- Whichever topic appeals you interesting, find the practical scope of research in it.
A research project can study the following:
- Implementation of work on a real-time topic.
- Explore new areas of research.
- Extension of your previous project.
- Develop a new methodology.
The practical things which should be considered are:
- The time required to complete the research.
- Area or space needed to work.
- If any traveling is to be done.
- Funds required.
The key point of research is to be developed.
The students should discuss their ideas with the concerned faculty of the related department. A student has an option of choosing his own professor if he thinks that the teacher is well off on the particular topic. One should take the opinion of everybody and work with their suggestions too.
When a research topic interests you, you need to sharpen it by finding the favorable conditions for that. You can think about the questions or the issues related to it which can be asked by the team. You have to be very clear in your thoughts about what you want to explore or prove in work. Every topic has its own pros and cons thus; the limitations are also to be defined. Sometimes, changes are also necessary due to the scarcity of resources or any hindrances. Discuss with your faculty and work accordingly.
To have an effective plan for the dissertation writing, creative research, proper management of time, a literature review of the topic and realistic planning is necessary. The role of a supervisor matters a lot so, maintain a healthy relationship with him. Face all the problems and find solutions for them rather than leaving the work or slowing it.
Stick to the plan made by you and respect the ideas and opinions of the professor working with you. Details of the research work are to be listed in points and be organized. Data collection or analysis has to be proper, so devote proper time to it as well. Do the writing part with all the set guidelines and allocate your time in editing or proofreading the work.