Privacy and Data Security Policy
We want you to
- Feel comfortable using our websites
- feel secure submitting information to us
- contact us with your questions or concerns about privacy on this site
- know that by using our sites you are consenting to the collection of certain data
What information is, or may be, collected from you?
We will automatically receive and collect certain anonymous information in standard usage logs through our Web server, including computer-identification information obtained from “cookies,” sent to your browser from a
- web server cookie stored on your hard drive
- an IP address, assigned to the computer which you use
- the domain server through which you access our service
- the type of computer you’re using
- the type of web browser you’re using
Clear Gifs (Web beacons/Web Bugs)
Our third party tracking technology partner employs a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
We may collect the following personally identifiable information about you:
- Name including first and last name
- email address
- phone number
- financial information (credit card numbers); and
- Opinions of features on our websites.
Your resume We may also collect the following information:
- about the pages you visit/access
- the links you click on our site
- the number of times you access the page
- the number of times you have shopped on our web site
Access to Personally Identifiable Information:
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend or request deletion by making the change on our member information page or by emailing Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We will retain your information as needed to provide you services. If you wish to request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com . We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Who collects the information?
We will collect anonymous traffic information from you when you visit our site. We will collect personally identifiable information about you only as part of a voluntary registration process, on-line survey, or contest or any combination thereof.
Our advertisers may collect anonymous traffic information from their own assigned cookies to your browser.
The Site contains links to other Web sites that are not owned or controlled by Dissertation Tutors. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such Web sites which we do not own, manage or control.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy policies of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information.
How is the information used?
We use your personal information to:
- help us provide personalized features
- tailor our sites to your interest
- to get in touch with you when necessary or respond to your inquiry
- to provide the services requested by you
- to preserve social history as governed by existing law or policy
- to conduct surveys
- to determine whether or not you qualify for a job in which you have applied and to contact you regarding your interest
We use contact information internally to:
- contact you as a survey respondent
- recognize your access privileges to our Web sites
- make sure that you don’t see the same ad repeatedly
- help diagnose problems with our server
- administer our websites, track your session so that we can understand better how people use our sites
direct our efforts for product improvement
notify you if you win any contest; and
• send you promotional materials from our contest sponsors or advertisers
Generally, we use anonymous traffic information to:
With whom will your information be shared?
We will not use your financial information for any purpose other than to complete a transaction with you.
We do not rent, sell or share your personal information and we will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information to third parties unless:
- we have your permission
- to provide products or services you’ve requested
- To bill you for goods and services
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request
- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choice you may have regarding your personal information.
We share your information with advertisers on an aggregate basis only.
If you make a payment through our sites for our a service you will be redirected to Paypal’s payment gateway. All collection of credit card information is done through Paypal and then shared back with us for the purpose of verifying that the payment has been successful. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our vendors site, the transmission of that information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of your information?
You may change your interests at any time and may opt-in or opt-out of any marketing / promotional / newsletters mailings. Dissertation Tutors reserves the right to send you certain service related communication, considered to be a part of your Dissertation Tutors account without offering you the facility to opt-out. You may update your information and change your account settings at any time.
If we plan to use your personally identifiable information for any commercial purposes, we will notify you at the time we collect that information and allow you to opt-out of having your information used for those purposes.
What security procedures are in place to protect information from loss, misuse or alteration?
To protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control, we have in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures. For example, our servers are accessible only to authorized personnel and that your information is shared with respective personnel on need to know basis to complete the transaction and to provide the services requested by you.
Although we will endeavor to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. By using this site, you agree that we will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties.
Our Web sites offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Your documents remain confidential and secure with us. We do not share any document for any commercial or non-commercial use and have non-disclosure agreements in place with all our editors. All documents are stored on encrypted servers and double password authentication access.